Re: nForce lockups back

S. Alan Ezust wrote:

If it's years old, then it's still not fixed yet, because I get lockups during actual disk-checks and boot sequences, and even during the installer executions, way before any sound drivers are initialized. In both mandrake 9 and knoppix 3.3. I really doubt it had anything to do with a sound utility. I should have qualified it by saying that it is only for if you are using an AMD chip though (are you using an AMD chip?)

Hello,

No, as I recall, it was when the 2.4.18 kernel was introduced, which was in 2002. It was initially attributed to an AMD cache conflict with AGP, but then it was attributed to the Via chipset/sound problem.
I think that you'll find that one has been fixed by now.
Whatever problems you are experiencing now I doubt would have anything to do with that, but I've been wrong before.
Regards,

David.