Re: kernel 2.6.X and cdrecord / xcdroast

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 04:50:07 +0200, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Whatwhatwhat?  This changed?  I upgraded from 2.4 to 2.6 and didn't
> lose my burner...I'm now confused and surprised I didn't.

Because you left the scsi-emulation as boot parameter. But it is badly
broken in 2.6.X and Linus fully recommends to *not* use it or fix it.

I happily removed it and once you do, your links don't go to some sc* any
more, but directly to hd*.
Very logical, you don't emulate scsi (a whole stack); and so - at least on
the long term - we should be faster, have fewer 'buffer low', etc.