Re: prob with kernel headers - vmware modules compilation

glenn wrote:

Every so often (actually quite often) vmware decides its kernel modules need recompilling - so I oblige it (i.e. vmware-config.pl). In order to do this it checks for the location of my kernel headers. I've always used the ones in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/location with no problem

At the moment I'm using kernel image 2.6.5-1-686. When I do this an error occurs to the effect that this directory contains headers for kernel 2.6.5, not 2.6.5-1-686 and so won't proceed.

What can I do to fix this?
Thx
Glenn

i had the headers, and it bombed in the compile on 2.6.4

i've dropped to 2.4.25 for vmware and now nvidia's moaning at me,
currently vesa'd for X
last week it was a 'i'll after 6wks, decide to detect and load sound chipset module'
hang on boot.......

feels like april 1st is lasting a long time :-)

stephen