Re: USB camera is not recognised as a SCSI device

Tom Peters wrote:

Following the HOWTO's I try to mount my digital USB camera in the
following way:

sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /camera
mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
May I ask what type of media your digital camera is using, and is it
removable? I ask this because I has trouble mounting my Sony CyberShotU
(DSC-U10, memory stick media) and couldn't get it to work with gtkam or
the gphoto command line utility. Searching through the archives for
similar problems regarding cameras, someone suggested a flash card reader.

I settled on a Atech Flash 9-in1 USB 2.0 flash card reader from newegg.
Worked flawlessly on my Debian unstable machine. It can be mounted in a
3.5" bay or used as external device via the included USB cables. Link:
http://www.atechflash.com/product_Pro9.htm  Also has a pass though for a
firewire port. Output during boot up:

Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
 Vendor: AFT PRO   Model: - 9 CF            Rev: 0822
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0,  type 0
 Vendor: AFT PRO   Model: - 9 SD            Rev: 0822
Attached scsi removable disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 1
Attached scsi generic sg1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 1,  type 0
 Vendor: AFT PRO   Model: - 9 SM/XD         Rev: 0822
Attached scsi removable disk sdc at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 2
Attached scsi generic sg2 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 2,  type 0
 Vendor: AFT PRO   Model: - 9 MS            Rev: 0822
Attached scsi removable disk sdd at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 3
Attached scsi generic sg3 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 3,  type 0
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.

Downloading pictures via the memory stick is super fast if your using
USB 2.0. 36 bucks:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-176-815&depa=0
Plus i can download pictures from firends media too.

Good Luck