Re: printing

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 02:21:43PM +0200, Miguel Mazzorana wrote:
> I have installed  Debian Woody  several times but I can not use my
> printer  HP Deskjet 720 C in any way.
> I have try a lot of things!
> I have read a lot of logs!
>
> but every time when  I type:
>                                              ls -all  |  /dev/lp0

How about "ls -al | lpr"?
Have you installed any specific print packages?

Maybe you need to try reading some of the Printing HOWTOs to become
more familiar with the printing setups?

Try http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/categories.html
or  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/os.html#OSPRINTING

If you are as new to Linux as you sound, you may want to find a
Linux user group in your area.

> give me:
>
> -bash :  /dev/lp0 Permission Denied
>
> /dev   directory have:
>
> drwxr-xr-x    9 root     root        24576 abr 23 12:37 dev
>
> /dev/lp0  have:
>
> crw-rw----    1 root     lp         6,   0 mar 14  2002 /dev/lp0

<snip>

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.