Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:38:33 -0400
From: Eric Nichols <eric@dirwiz.com>
To: packages@qa.debian.org
Subject: wlan question

Hello,
I'm trying to get a wireless usb adapter (d-link dwl-122) to work on the
unstable version of Debian (x86) using it's default kernel - 2.4.25-1k7

I followed the FAQ: README.Debian and amn trying to build the kernel
modules with apt-src.   Here are the steps I followed:

I installed the kernel source first:
apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.25

Since there is no /usr/src/linux I issued the following commands:
cd /usr/src
ln -s kernel-source-2.4.25 linux

I next installed apt-src:
apt-get install apt-src

Finally I get to the instructions...
apt-src import kernel --location=/usr/src/linux --version=2.4.18
cd /usr/src
apt-src --install-debs install linux-wlan-ng

At this point it complained that it could not find
/usr/src/linux/Debian/changelogs and errored out...

Can you please point me in the right direction on this one?   I'm trying
to use Debian in pure apt mode to stay away from manually compiling.
The apt-src stuff seems to be a nice compromise.  If you could point me
to some other instructions, I'd really appreciate it.  I'd REALLY love
to get this to work on the 2.6 kernel.

Many thanks
Eric