mozilla extensions in debian

Hi all

I tried to install a few extensions to my mozilla on debian testing,
especially mycroft and google bar, but did not succeed. It looked as if
it were installing something, but then nothing changed. I very much
guess that it could have something to do with permissions. Although I
don't see a reason why it should not be possible to install an extension
just for a single user in his home directory.

And since I did not find any hint on the internet I now ask you
directly: Is there a howto somewhere for installing mozilla extensions in debian?

Thanks a lot in advance,
David