Re: Installing ALSA ... (continued.) ["Against Techno-Fetishism !"]

Thanks Bill.

I simplified the title from something I thought a bit techno-fetishistic, creating a new thread.

You have given me the encouragement and incentive I needed to upgrade the kernel (again) via

'apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.5-1-686'

although I will probably first resize partitions to avoid space problems I encountered last time.

I'll have to read up on static compiling but I'm glad to hear that "everything just worked first
time".

Cheers,

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 12:20:58AM +1200, Adam Bogacki wrote:
> Thanks, I've printed and read the
>
> Tux:/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt#vi Alsa-sound
>
> document, and read the <www.alsa-project.org> stuff and when I follow
> their advice
> the modules compile but the process keeps breaking down at a certain point. Adam, I have not followed this thread and I'm not sure if you have a reason
not to make the jump,  but I just upgraded to 2.6.5 kernel and
was concerned about getting alsa working.  I compiled everything
statically and it just worked first time.
Might save you some trouble. --
Bill Moseley