Re: Cannot launch remote apps on X
On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 03:27:14PM -0400, Linux Nick wrote:
> [-- Autoview using /usr/bin/lynx -dump -force_html ''/tmp/mutt.html'' --]
> Sorry top poster for life, not scrolling all the way to the bottom to
> get a reply I know what the previous email said and don't need to read
> it again.
That is pretty selfish. What about others that need to read the
information in order to understand? This is a "community".
You might have the right to top post as it is not in the Code of Conduct.
But the rules state to NOT post in HTML which you did.
So please stop posting in HTML.
Here are the rules to refresh your mind:
Code of conduct
When using the Debian mailing lists, please follow these rules:
* Do not send spam; see the advertising policy below.
* Send all of your e-mails in English. Only use other languages on
mailing lists where that is explicitly allowed (e.g. French on
* Make sure that you are using the proper list. In particular, don't
send user-related questions to developer-related mailing lists.
* Wrap your lines at 80 characters or less for ordinary discussion.
Lines longer than 80 characters are acceptable for computer-generated
output (e.g., ls -l).
* Do not send automated "out-of-office" or "vacation" messages.
* Do not send subscription or unsubscription requests to the list
address itself; use the respective -request address instead.
* Never send your messages in HTML; use plain text instead.
* Avoid sending large attachments.
* When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a
carbon copy (CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request
to be copied.
* If you send messages to lists to which you are not subscribed,
always note that fact in the body of your message.
* Do not use foul language; besides, some people receive the lists
via packet radio, where swearing is illegal.
* Try not to flame; it is not polite