Re: XFree86

Greg Madden wrote:
On Wednesday 21 April 2004 08:12 pm, s. keeling wrote:

Incoming from blaze:

   I've got Debian 3.0r2 (Woody). Everything is unstalled, but my

XFree does not working! I've also got Radeon 9000 videocard. startx
says that "No devices at PCI:1:0:1,No screens detected". Please,
help!

As root, "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86"

Look for a Radeon driver while doing the re-config. Woody ships with X v.4.1 and I am not sure that that chipset is supported. Testing has X v.4.3 which does have a Radeon driver.

If you want to use the Radeon 9000 series cards with X4.1 you will need
to use the proprietary ATI driver.  For an oss solution, you need X4.3.

-Roberto Sanchez