Re: [Postfix/TLS] "/etc/init.d/saslauthd script start" gives nothing

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 07:18:49PM +0530, Poster wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Till Dörges wrote:
> > Have you had a look at
> >
> > 	README_FILES/SASL_README
> >
> > in the postfix-sources yet?
>
> 	Sorry but I'm running debian sarge and didn't install from source.
> 	Installed sarge binaries using apt-get. I don't know if cyrus-sasl
> 	has a different name on debian, but saslauth and other sasl
> 	commands and binaries exist.

That's available in /usr/share/doc/postfix/SASL_README.gz in Debian
(presumably you're running Sid/unstable, since Sarge isn't out)

What do you have in /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf? Mine is:
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sasldb

smtpd and friends are chroot'ed by default under Debian, so make sure
your database is available in the /var/spool/postfix jail.

Bob