Re: us international keyboard, 104 keys

* Antonio Rodriguez (arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com) wrote:
> H 0.000000
>
> I trying to figure out how I can get the apostrophe in my keyboard.

I don't know if this is any use to you Antonio, but I've got an
anglo-portuguese 104 keyboard at http://tandv.ws/font  .

Put it in /etc/X11/xkb/symbols as pt1 or whatever, and access by typing
setxkbmap=pt1 (no need to be root, user has control).

If you need to get away from this keyboard, type setxkbmap=us or whatever
keyboard you're using (setxkbmap=us_intl ?).

The apostrophe on this keyboard is obtained by typing ? while the question
is got with shift-/ .

The keyboard is meant for anyone wanting to write Portuguese or English
using a US keyboard.

Nick

PS. If you reply, I've got rr.com blocked because of spam-abuse. Use the list.