Re: Need help to configure aptitude

I omit the space and these are the output I get with fontconfig
package:
aptitude show
~Astable~n^fontconfig$
Package: fontconfig
Version: 2.2.2-2
 Fontconfig is a font configuration and customization library, which
does not depend on the X Window System.  It is designed to locate
fonts within the system and select them according to requirements
specified
 by applications.

 Fontconfig is not a rasterization library, nor does it impose a
particular rasterization library on the application.  The X-specific
library 'Xft' uses fontconfig along with freetype to specify and
rasterize
 fonts.

 This package contains a program to maintain the fontconfig cache
(fc-cache), and a sample program to list installed fonts (fc-list).
[code:1:b2513e3c75]aptitude show
~Astable~nfontconfig[/code:1:b2513e3c75]
Package: libfontconfig1
Version: 2.2.2-2
 Fontconfig is a font configuration and customization library, which
does not depend on the X Window System.  It is designed to locate
fonts within the system and select them according to requirements
specified
 by applications.

 See the "fontconfig" package description for more information.
Package: libfontconfig1-dbg
Version: 2.2.2-2
 Fontconfig is a font configuration and customization library, which
does not depend on the X Window System.  It is designed to locate
fonts within the system and select them according to requirements
specified
 by applications.

 This package contains the debugging symbols associated with
libfontconfig1. They will automatically be used by gdb for debugging
fontconfig-related issues.
Package: libfontconfig1-dev
[...]

However, fontconfig package does not exist in stable distribution,
according to packages.debian.org, but the results above seem to
indicate so.

Any further help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !
> Florian Ernstwrote:
Hello 'anonymous'!

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 04:27:19PM +0100, users@linuxforums.org
wrote:
> After changing sarge, sid and woody in /etc/apt/preferences to
> testing, unstable and stable respectively, the priority seems to be
> correct. However, when I do[code:1:bdf5de3a17]aptitude show
~Astable
> ~nw3m[/code:1:bdf5de3a17]or any  ~n<any packagename>, package
> details of all available debian packages will scroll off the screen
> for a few mins.
>
> Is my syntax wrong?

Yes, omit the space, i.e.
aptitude show ~Astable~nw3m