Re: Getting ogg123 to output using alsa

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 09:46:25PM +0530, Soumyadip Modak wrote:
> Hi,
> I ripped a cd into the ogg format, and I'm trying to use ogg123 to play
> it. I'm running a 2.4.21 kernel, and using alsa for sound. While mpg123
> plays files ok, ogg123 wants to use the oss drivers, and on not finding
> them, exits with an error. Can anyone give me any pointers on the
> possible solutios to the problem?

There are two ways of doing this. The first would be to specify
-d alsa09 on the command line (It's a bug in the manpage, just noticed
it, it says the option is alsa). Like "ogg123 -d alsa09 foo.ogg"
The other, more elegant, way of doing it would be to put your default
driver in ~/.libao, like this:
echo default_driver=alsa09 > ~/.libao
(Funnily enough, this also accepts =alsa)

--
George Cristian Birzan			gcbirzan (at) wolfheart (dot) ro
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us