Kernel build: QT package requires older gcc

Geeze, I can't get kernel-image-2.6.5 to work right (wireless busted), so
trying to build from source using the new QT interface.

Here's my gcc:

laptop:/home/moseley# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (Debian 20040401)

So I need the qt3 library:

laptop:/home/moseley# apt-get install libqt3-dev
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  g++-3.2 gcc-3.2 libaudio-dev libjpeg62-dev liblcms1-dev libmng-dev libqt3-headers libqt3c102
  libqt3c102-mt libstdc++5-dev libxcursor-dev libxft-dev qt3-dev-tools xlibmesa-gl-dev
  xlibmesa-glu xlibmesa-glu-dev xlibs-pic xlibs-static-pic

Hell, depends on gcc 3.2?  Is that true?  Do I really need another gcc
install?

So far, upgrading to 2.6 has taken about five hours....

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org