Re: scanner setup

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:25:18PM -0600, tsitras@spymac.com wrote:
> I am running woody and i have kernel 2.6.5 compiled.
> i would like to make my scanner work. it is a "Mustek 1200 UB plus".
> i installed "xsane, sane, libsane, sane-utils" through apt-get.
> when i run xsane it shows as device only /dev/video0 which is my webcam.
> the scanner it is USB. also i did:
> debian:~# insmod scanner
> insmod: can't read 'scanner': No such file or directory
> debian:~#
> any ideas?

You must to modprobe scanner, better than insmod.
I think you will need to files /etc/sane.d/xxx.conf, where xxx depends on your
scanner manufacturer and model.
It may bo interesting to you to take a look at this:
http://cayfer.bilkent.edu.tr/~cayfer/inst_scanner/scanner.html

--
Alberto Cabello Sánchez