Re: devfs / noflusd

After installing sarge on a laptop, I get the error that not all packages were
setup correctly.

Looking at it closer, the error is that the kernel is configured with devfs,
but devfs is not mounted anywhere. As a result, noflushd cannot work. There
is a reference to the noflushd README which suggests a line in fstab. I tried
that, but it makes no difference.

Can anyone help me fix this?
- ---Michael

I found your query on a Google search. Hope this helps you out, but I just went through this myself with no verification of accuracy.

In the /etc/fstab file, I added this:

  #
  # Set up devfs here
  #
  none		/devfs		devfs	defaults	0	0

After this, I needed to do a few things:

  sarge:~# mkdir /devfs
  sarge:~# mount -a
  sarge:~# apt-get -u dist-upgrade

This allowed the noflushd package to be completely configured, and started.

--

D. Frye
dafr AT peakpeak.com