Re: Sarge not working

On 18 Apr 2004, Tomy Alarie wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 04:40:00PM +0000, Tomy Alarie wrote:
> > Hi, i've downloaded 2 first cd iso of sarge today and boot with the
> first,
> > i configure my location keyboard, and after when its time to initialize a
> > hard drive, it couldnt complete this step etc.. or something that means
> it
> > doesn't recognize my drive... any ideas ?
>
> I had this.  Try as I might, I couldn't get it to do anything when I
> tried to do anything after configuring the keyboard.  I installed woody
> and did a dist-upgrade to sarge instead.
>
> How can i dist upgrade to Sarge ? Will i'll get KDE 3.1 and Xfree86 4.3 ?
>
> Thanks
> tomy

I also encountered this problem a few weeks ago. I then noticed that
there was an option to check the status of the CD and it said it was
faulty. I therefore adopted the same tactic as you (Woody base, then
upgrade to Sarge). I got another set of disks from the supplier but I
haven't checked them yet.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic