exim4 and adsl connection

Hi,

Till recently I have been using Mozilla to read news from my ISP's (Bell Sympatico) pop server. Today I thought of configuring exim4. I have a Debian Sarge system that is acting as a router and doing nat and masquarading. I am new to all this email setup and config thing.

Today I started dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config and set up so (in the following, home.pvt refers to the domain I have names my local network):
1) Split configuration into smaller files? YES
2) General type of mail configuration: mail sent by smarthost; received via SMTP or fetchmail
3) "Mail name": home.pvt (first I also tried using sympatico.ca)
4) IP-addresses to listen on: 127.0.0.1_
5) Other destinations for which mail is accepted: home.pvt
6)  Domains to relay mail for: <nothing here>
7) Machines to relay mail for: <nothing here>
8) Machine handling outgoing mail for this host (smarthost): smtp1.sympatico.ca
9) Keep number of DNS-queries minimal (Dial-on-Demand)? NO

So, if I, user "me", now send a mail to "joe" for example, it goes to "joe@home.pvt", but if I send it to "Joe@some.domain", it correctly goes there.

In Evolution, I could set up the "From" field to specify a legitimate address (for example me@yahoo.com), but the Sender field in the header of emails shows "me@home.pvt" which of course is invalid for the outside internet.

How can I setup exim4 so that if I send email to outside world (non home.pvt domains), the Sender field contains my sympatico domain, and if I send mail to a local user on my home network, Sender has "home.pvt".

Of course, in addition to hints to my above query, if you can point me to introductory docs to exim4 setup (for a newbie) it would be much appreciated. BTW, I have also started to experiment mutt.

Thanks a ton in advance,
->HS
--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)