Re: iptables

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 23:47, Umar Draz wrote:
> hi dears members!
>
>   i am new to debian! but have experience of redhat and freebsd,
> solaris
>
>   now in redhat when i use iptables in redhat a file create in
> /etc/sysconfig/iptables where all rules save
>
>  now my question in debian where iptables rules save?

if you take a look at the script, /etc/init.d/iptables looks like it is
attempting to save rules in /var/lib/iptables.

the bare utility iptables-save just dumps the rules to standard input
and you redirect its output to any file you choose, and iptables-restore
reads in a saved ruleset from the file you specify.

-davidc