Re: Mail Server Design

Mariano Wahlmann wrote:

> do you have any clue? about what is the propper File System for mail
> storage server (by performance). Ext3, Ext2, ReiserFS, etc etc.

Any stable journalling filesystem will work fine. The biggest performance
issue will likely be the speed of your disks.

I would suggest reading up on the MTA and POP/IMAP server(s) you plan to use
to see if any benchmarks have been done to see which file system gives the
best performance.

Personally, I prefer ext3 - its stable, performs well, and works will all
the standard filesystem tools in Linux. I also know that ext3 with
data=journalled beat out ReiserFS in performance benchmarks for qmail (my
preferred MTA). YMMV.

Adam