Re: Help ! "Kernel setup stack overlaps LILO second stage."

On Friday 16 April 2004 00:54, Adam Felix Bogacki wrote:
> Hi,
>[snip]
>
> "Lilo 22.5.8 (Debian) Boot menu
> .......<snip>.....
> boot:
> stage."
>
>        'df' had shown my /usr partition to be 100% but I thought I may
> be able
> to sneak through after deleting 'ppp' & associated files - I use cable
> on this
> system.
>
>     I surmise that I should get in there and delete, delete, delete ...
> and try again. But I can't - I'm stuck with the same LILO error message
> whenever I try to reboot. I have had to send this message from my unused
> Win partition -
> a bit like going back in time.
>
>     Any constructive ideas appreciated.
>
> Adam Bogacki,
> afb@paradise.net.nz

Hi Adam,

I'm not sure where you're stuck.  If you're trying to reboot to fix your
system, there's the standard routes of a boot disk, rescue floppy, using
your install CD, or even Knoppix.

If you've already booted and freed some space on /usr, I suggest you run
lilo within a chroot environment before you reboot.  If it works without
errors, you should be fine.  If it doesn't, and you can't / don't know how
to correct the errors, post them, and hopefully someone on this list can
help.

Justin Guerin