Re: Antivirus (with exim+courier-imap+fetchmail)

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 03:56:06PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Thomas Halahan <tom@halahan.com> writes:
>
> > 4) Probably more configurations I had not thought of.
> >
> > My budget is small, maybe $100.
> > My question is therefore, what sort of suggestions people have to apply
> > antivirus scanning?
>
> This is the one I've been mailing to idiots who bounce viruses instead
> of rejecting them...
>
> http://ursine.ca/article.pl?sid=04/04/11/1127234

If one has exim4-daemon-heavy and denies any MS executeables with
this in the /etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/40_exim4-config_check_data:
deny message = $found_extension files are not accepted here
  demime = bat:btm:cmd:com:cpl:dll:exe:lnk:msi:pif:prf:reg:scr:vbs:url:zip

Isn't that good enough for small Windows networks and users that don't
use zip files?  (my users certainly don't need .exe files, .bat files, etc...)

Or should I learn how to use clamav?
Just wondering if I am missing something.

Andy