Re: PAM : passwords with at least 6 chars

Install libpam-cracklib, and change your /etc/pam.d/common-password file
to the following:

password       required        pam_cracklib.so retry=3 minlen=6
password       required        pam_unix.so md5

This sets up a chain in which pam_cracklib is called (a
password-strength checker), requiring that the password be at least six
characters and pass a dictionary check. Then it calls the normal
pam_unix library to set the password as an MD5 hash in /etc/passwd.

--
Stephen Touset <stephen@touset.org>