Q: dselect installed/available versions (downgrade -> available should be lower then installed)

Hello,

I manually installed newer version of package than was available in
stable debian. Now dselect shows this version of the package as
available, but it is not available now.

is it a bubg or a feature, to show the installed version as available,
even when only the older version is really available?
I intend to live forever - so far so good.