Anyone used Backports.org to upgrade a woody to 2.6?

I see that there's both module-init-tools and a kernel-image-2.6.5
(kernel-image-2.6.5-1-k7_2.6.5-0.backports.org.1_i386.deb)
available.

Anyone have success using those packages to update a Woody box?  One is
an Athlon XP 1800+, which I assume is should use the
k7 kernel.  I also have a P4 and a PIII.

Any notes?  Did you add backports to source.list or download the .deb
and use dpkg -i for the modules and kernel?

I have xfs file systems so I guess I'd need to use initrd since XFS is
included as a module -- is there any additional setup required?

I normally build the kernels, but would really like to start using
kernel-image packages to make upgrading easier.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org