Re: Network gone, just like that

> Hello all,
>
> I have a weird issue. When booting my computer I no longer have my
> eth0
> interface. The local interface is there, and it's working (I can ping
> the
> loopback address) but eth0 is nowhere to be seen. (it was there
> yesterday)
>
> When booting the computer I get an error from dhclient (eth0: no such
> device)

<snip>

I have the exact symptoms, though I don't see the dhclient error on
boot, I do see it if I try to load it manually.

Did you upgrade anything yesterday?  I lost mine (I think) after an
apt-get upgrade.  I have an nforce2 chipset which has built in ethernet
and sound, and as both are gone for me - assumed it was the chipset.

Paul