Re: how to draw boxes with graphical chars in txt files?

hugo vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi World!

I have a quirk:

I like to show graphical character boxes in my .cpp files.

This used to work, who knows when, with this:

setfont -u iso01.uni alt-8x14.psf.gz

It shows the boxes but midnight commander has the wrong border characters. And of course he cannot find iso01.uni.

Two questions:
1. where would I find iso1.uni?
2. Does anybody have a better way to show graphical characters in text files?

Of course it shows my age: we used to do these good things in the VM/CMS days...

Hugo

So this is how you do it:

1. leave console-screen.sh and its config alone, who knows how it works.
2. Around the time klogd starts, start something that does:
setfont -m cp437_to_iso01.trans default8x16.psf.gz

That makes mc have its boxes and gives you graphical boxes, too bad I cannot show you.

The only thing missing seems to be the single horizontal line...

Hugo