re:Another ALSA post

I am using Woody.

I read the documentation, and I see where I am not communicating
properly.

It states"
     2)   Go to the the base of the kernel source tree (usually
          the /usr/src/linux directory).  If you are building a kernel
that
          is custom configured to your specifications, go ahead and
          configure the kernel with `make config,' `make menuconfig,'
or
          `make xconfig.'"

There is the problem.  I do NOT have a kernel source tree.  I feel
like I am whining now, heh...

I can't find one for 2.4.18-bf2.4.  I will look at debconf again, but
at this point I doubt I will get this working until the next Debian
release.

Any one have ideas?  I can only assume someone with the same install
(it's the base install with bf24 option) has the same scenario,, and
has maybe found a workaround

Thanks.
----