Re: no DRI in X

Pim Bliek wrote:
>> > Anyone any hints on how to get DRI working? I want to play TuxRacer :P.
>> >=20
>> > My Videocard is a Gigabyte Radeon 9000 Pro.

You need to set up the kernel for your motherboard's AGP chipset first.
Read the DRI docs at xfree86.org -- this is from my dmesg output:

    Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
    agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 203M
    agpgart: Detected AMD 761 chipset
    agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xf8000000
    [drm] AGP 0.99 on Unknown @ 0xf8000000 64MB
    [drm] Initialized r128 2.2.0 20010917 on minor 0

You didn't mention your AGP chipset. Not all motherboards work. Note
that this is a separate issue and not your video card drivers.

Now maybe someone can tell me why FlightGear can only do 1 FPS lately.
Other OpenGL works fine, a recent upgrade of mesa libs (a guess) seems
to have killed flightgear for me.  Sarge/Sid