Re: after re-install printer is not working (for some apps)

Rodney D. Myers wrote:

I'm running sarge (cat /etc/debian_version -> testing/unstable), with a
Samsung ML-1430

After the reinstall, I can print the test page from localhost:631, and
from kprinter, but..

I cannot print from within Opera/Mozilla, or OpenOffice.org1.1

I have these files installed;

dpkg -l | grep cups
ii cupsys 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server ii cupsys-bsd 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD comman ii cupsys-client 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client pro ii cupsys-driver- 4.2.6-4 Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS ii cupsys-driver- 4.2.6-4 Gimp-Print printer drivers for CUPS ii libcupsimage2 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - image libs ii libcupsys2 1.1.20final+cv Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - libs

I'm at a loss to get the printer working again.

Hello Rodney,

I'm not familiar with the printer in question,
but perhaps a wider range of drivers,
including the foomatics and the gimpprints,
followed by reinstalling your printer would help.
Regards,

David.