Re: Howto "nvidia-kernel-source" ?

Emil Hägerlund wrote:

> Hi, I have run into nvidia trubbles!
>
> It seems like the package 'nvidia-kernel-src' has
> changed to 'nvidia-kernel-source'.
> How do I build this new one? As detailed as you can please.

untar the nvidia-kernel-source.tar.gz file:

$ cd /usr/src
$ tar zxf nvidia-kernel-source.tar.gz

go to your kernel source directory and make the nvidia module
(directory of kernel source may be different)

$ cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.5
$ make-kpkg modules_image

now install the deb:

$ cd /usr/src
$ dpkg -i nvidia-kernel-2.6.5...i386.deb

may be you should update modules and/or your XFree cfg:

$ update-modules
$ dpkg-reconfigure xfree86-common

(note: the $ doesn't necessarily mean that the command isn't ran as root)