Re: (pam_securetty) access denied

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 01:16:09AM +0000, Volker Schlecht said

> Hi,
>
> since a few days (weeks?) I notice a message saying "(pam_securetty)
> access denied: tty ':0' is not secure" in my auth.log when I log in
> via kdm or do an su in a konsole. The login and the su do work,
> though.
>
> I don't see any such message when I log in or su in a normal console.

I'm pretty sure this is because :0 isn't in /etc/securetty.  Why not
just use sudo?

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:     Cocaine gamma mailbomb War Crimes munitions supercomputer