Re: udev: how to do it right?

Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 10:40:21AM -0700, John L Fjellstad wrote:
Sebastiaan <S.Breedveld@ewi.tudelft.nl> writes:

Check some of the other nodes, for instance your scsi drives, to see if
they have the correct permissions (should be something like
root.disk). I had this problem some time ago (with my memstick, I
think), but I don't remember for which udev version.  I think the
problem is fixed later, but I'm not sure what kind of patches Marco (the
udev maintainer) might have added to the base udev source.  If the other
nodes have correct permissions, but only nvidia has problems, send an
email to the debian maintainer and check with him.

--
John L. Fjellstad

Hey John, do you have any advice about locating the memory stick? I´ve
lost access to it, no matter how I check /dev/* I can´t find any
changes after inserting the memory stick. So far I´m using usb
downloading from the camera, which works great, making appear
/dev/sdb1 after connecting.
Thanks in advance.

This worked for me.  HTH

http://216.239.39.104/linux?q=cache:zDwdFYeY0mgJ:www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/pdf/Flash-Memory-HOWTO.pdf+usb+memory+stick+linux+howto&hl=en&ie=UTF-8#24