Re: udev: how to do it right?

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 10:40:21AM -0700, John L Fjellstad wrote:
> Sebastiaan <S.Breedveld@ewi.tudelft.nl> writes:

> Check some of the other nodes, for instance your scsi drives, to see if
> they have the correct permissions (should be something like
> root.disk). I had this problem some time ago (with my memstick, I
> think), but I don't remember for which udev version.  I think the
> problem is fixed later, but I'm not sure what kind of patches Marco (the
> udev maintainer) might have added to the base udev source.  If the other
> nodes have correct permissions, but only nvidia has problems, send an
> email to the debian maintainer and check with him.
>
> --
> John L. Fjellstad
> web: http://www.fjellstad.org/          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Hey John, do you have any advice about locating the memory stick? I´ve
lost access to it, no matter how I check /dev/* I can´t find any
changes after inserting the memory stick. So far I´m using usb
downloading from the camera, which works great, making appear
/dev/sdb1 after connecting.
Thanks in advance.