Re: udev and CD or DVD drives

Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> writes:

>> I am not (any more) using the ide-scsi emulation.  I have an IDE CDROM
>> and an IDE CD-RW drive.
>
> That's so strange.  I realized that the ide-cd didn't get loaded at boot,
> and modprobe'ing it gave me /dev/hd{b,d}, which correspond to my CD-RW and
> DVD drives' locations on the IDE bus.  Still no /dev/ide or /dev/scsi,
> though.

By default, udev will not create the devfs scheme, but rather the fhs
scheme.  If the debian package of udev uses devfs scheme, then it is
because it is set up so in the /etc/udev/udev.rules file.  Check if you
have a rule like this there:
BUS="ide", KERNEL="hd*", PROGRAM="/etc/udev/ide-devfs.sh %k %b %n", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="%c{1} %c{2}"

--
John L. Fjellstad