Re: Courier-imap and LDAP

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 11:34:41AM +0200, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I have a problem authenticating a user who wishes to use IMAP
| against LDAP.
[...]

I don't know the cause and solution of your particular issue, but
below is some information about courier and authentication.

| 1) Is it possible to have Courier work with LDAP without having to
| install courier-ldap?

Yes - if pam/nss in the libc uses ldap.

| Anyway, i tried to use courier-ldap too and i get the same error.

If you are using courier-ldap and authmodulelist="authldap" then you
must configure all of the ldap setting in authldaprc because courier
will then use libldap2 directly and not touch pam.

I have noted while using authldap in courier that if slapd is
restarted, courier's authdaemon must be restarted also.

| 2) Can a SSL enabled Courier work with LDAP that doesn't use SSL?

Yes.

HTH,
-D

                                               -- Dave Parnas