Re: random segfaults with Debian testing on i386

Roberto Sanchez --> debian-user (2004-04-08 11:20:33 -0400):
> Jukka Salmi wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I just installed Debian testing on two DELL PowerEdge systems (PE 1750
> >and PE 2650). On the 1750, Debian runs fine. But on the 2650, some programs
> >segfault sometimes. I saw sshd, nvi, apt-get, less and dselect segfault.
> >However, they don't always segfault, e.g. sometimes they run, sometimes
> >they segfault. But once they segrault they won't run until the next reboot.
> >
> >For me this looks like bad hardware. Could it be something else?
> >
> >Hints are appreciated!
> >
> >Jukka
> >

> How is the system load?  What is the CPU temp?

System load wasn't high at all, just as the CPU temperature.

Another strange thing: I installed NetBSD (1.6.2 stable) on the box,
and it runs fine without any problems so far... Can't do it now, but
I'll reinstall Debian next Tuesday and see if the problems still exist.

Jukka

--
bashian roulette:
$ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~