Sid dist-upgrade broke udev?

I dist-upgraded my unstable system yesterday. Today X couldn't start
because it didn't find /dev/input/mice. There are 1594 files
in /dev/, so udev is not in use. I did a reboot, and right after
init starts, comes the following text:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on tmpfs,
       or too many mounted file systems

There are two or three other places, where that same error occurs.
Kernel is 2.6.3 compiled by me, and it doesn't have tmpfs support.
Few days ago everything was running smoothly. Any good advice?