ayttm blocks /dev/dsp

I am using ayttm with Debian/unstable.

When I start ayttm and send my first message, a blip is heard from the speakers. But after that no further sounds can be heard. Then, with "fuser /dev/dsp/", I find that /dev/dsp is blocked by me.

At ths point, other applications, like mplayer, also dont give any sound output. Only when I kill the /dev/dsp, I get the sounds back.

The /dev/dsp again gets blocked after the first sound output by ayttm.

By the way, If I use gaim or ymessenger, there is no prblem with sounds and I can even play mplayer along with ymessenger and still get the audio from mplayer.

Can any body help me?
Thanks
JSS