Re: ntpdate doesn't fix bogus times!

On Thursday 08 April 2004 03:04 am, Christian Schnobrich wrote:
>I can merely point you to the (quite exhaustive) documentation you get
>when installing ntp-doc. As quick fix, you may manually set the time to
>something that's reasonably close and re-run ntpdate.

Sorry, this just doesn't work.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I booted into Debian an found the time off
by four hours (upward). I manually set the time, then ran ntpdate, only to
find that my time was boosted by four hours (again upward).

Now, all my email is coming in with bogus arrival times (+4 hrs), despite the
fact that I manually set time to the correct local time.

Currently:

Wed 07 Apr 2004 11:18:58 PM UTC  -0.682421 seconds

Jeff