Re: Cron output logging

Incoming from Richard Kimber:

> > > Non of these options seem to work.
> >
> > Ok, let's try something different...  Where do you see this logging?
> > syslog? message? screen? Also, what script is it, is it part of
> > regular Debian distro, or a custom script?
>
> The logging is emailed to me along with other stuff, like leafnode
> activity, and other cron activity.  I assume it's organised by logcheck.
>  It's a custom script that checks some file permissions on files I own
> and if necessary changes them.

Then control the output of your script.  cron won't mail you output
unless it gets some to mail you.  Use the "blah > /dev/null 2>&1"
trick above on every command in that script that produces output.
Probably better to redirect it to a file instead of the bitbucket
until you know it's working the way it should.

- -