Re: What can make MP#'s play at the wrong rate?

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:04:43 -0400
stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 11:38:16PM -0400, Chris Metzler wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:43:30 -0400
> > stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > 've swaped teh CPU on a Debina machien, and now my MP#'s play at the
> > > wrong ptich, like a tpe played at a speed slower than it was
> > > recorded.
> > >
> > > Where do I need to look to troubleshoot/fix this isue?
> >
> > Are you sure it's just MP3s?  If you play back e.g. a .WAV (PCM
> > audio), does it also play back with the wrong speed?
> >
> That seesm likely. I have not tried it, but my suspicion is thta the
> problem is common to all DAC.
>
> Given that, where should I strat looking?

Can you try it?  Maybe dload a .wav from somewhere on the web and
play it and see what happens?  I'd hate to spend a lot of time
thinking about it and then find out I was barking up the wrong
tree.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)