Re: dvd & tv-out problem with X

Right ... Just installed kernel-image-2.6.4-1-686, and for some mysterious reason, the DVD:s just got several minutes longer.

The previous kernel I used, 2.6.3, I had compiled myself. Obviously I did something wrong. :) Does anyone have any pointers as to where it went wrong? How was it possible that I could watch the better part of the DVD:s, and that they just `ended' before they should, /because of a kernel-setting/?

h: Kristian

Question II:

This is a more trivial problem. I'm trying to play DVD's with my Samsung CD-RW/DVD -combo drive. Older DVD:s that I have work fine. Newer, however, all seem to `miss an ending' -- they just end abruptly, no credits, no nothing. Mplayer / xine just kind of state that `end of file', no more data.

At first I thought it was faulty DVD:s, but now after I've tried *six different ones*, all showing the same `symptoms', I'm starting to doubt that something else might be going on ... Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Have they started making DVD:s in some new way, creating DVD:s incompatible with my drive? (Samsung CD-RW/DVD-ROM SN-308B) Have I missed some mysterious settings? (Again, /has/ worked fine until now, never noticed any problems --- and still works fine with my /older/ DVD:s.)

Any ideas whatsoever?

Thanks,
Kristian