Re: high system cpu usage, no culprit in top

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 17:36, Leo Spalteholz wrote:
> But what's accounting for the 32.1%?  I have about 30% usage all the time
> too and the top couple entries add up to less than 5 percent followed by a
> bunch of processes with a cpu usage of 0%.  So what's using 25% of my cpu
> when I'm not doing anything?

It looks like top on your machine is sorting by Memory Usage and not CPU
usage so use "top -i" to run it in interactive mode then type "o" while
it is running to change the order in which it displays usage. It will
give you a prompt "Order to sort:" simply type "cpu" and this should
sort it properly for you

Ken
--
Occasional Helper Monkey