Re: Trouble with Mozilla Java plugin

Enrique Samson Jr. wrote:
Excuse me but I can't seem to find the root of the threed from the archives. What is the trouble being talked about here? Because I'm also having mine. I'm using Mozilla 1.5 from debian package 1.5-3. I have downloaded the java plugin from netscape.com and it was auto installed. I can see libjavaplugin_oji.so and its link at the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugin/ but Mozilla does not seem to see it. Pleas advice. TIA.

Has been repeatedly discussed here: Mozilla and the plugin need to be generated with the same compiler version since g++-3.2 went with different name mangling schemes than previous versions.

Debian takes care of that, but when you get your plugin elsewhere you get into trouble.

Hugo