package removal

Hi,

with the testing dist-upgrade I did last week, some packages were removed.
Usually I trust apt and Debian not to remove application packages, but
this time it removed xv.

Now I can't find this package in the Debian tree anymore, neither did apt
give me a reason why this package has been obsoleted or came with an
alternative.

Ideas where to find information why packages are obsoleted and removed
from the tree?

Thanks,
Sebastiaan

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)