Re: Debian Backup ?

At 09:10 AM 4/7/04, Nitebirdz wrote:
On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 09:01:17AM +0800, Support wrote:
> Hi! Debian Users
>

> How to make a hole Debian O/S backup if I don't have any Backup Device..?

I suppose by "backup device" you are referring to tape or CD-RW, for example.
In other words, you have nothing but another disk.  Is this another local disk
or do you have to backup remotely?  If remotely, are we talking about other
UNIX or Linux systems or not? Also, you intend to clone the whole installation
or perhaps you are only interested in the key configuration files plus your
own data files?  I'm afraid we need more information to be able to help you.

Nitebirdz
http://www.sacredchaos.com/

Thank for your reply Nitebirdz ... I`m intend to clone the whole installation and data in ISO format.

When my Debian O/S is currupt I can just Restore it from booting via CDROM.

Best Regards,
Support