Re: intel fortran compiler probelms

install is not the command. It is the script install.sh shipped with the intel package. In a bash shell login as root, go the directory where you untarred the intel software, do

#./install.sh -finalize-only

-finalize-only is the actual argument and not an abbreviation. It is optional to modify the /etc/bashrc. I just added the following two lines in my /etc/bashrc

source /opt/intel_fc_80/bin/ifortvars.sh
source /opt/intel_idb_73/bin/idbvars.sh

PS: If you still cant resolve the problem, please post what you EXACTLY tried and what the EXACT error message you are getting.
raju

clifton wrote:

raju,
thanks for you help, i seem to be running into a problem with the install command, the -finalize-only options doesn't work is that the actual argument or is there an abreviations of some sort? also the changes to make in /etc/bashrc is this where i do finalize only, if so i don't know how.
thanks again
clifton