Re: Re: Re: I blew it bigtime!

Two things:

First:

What options are you passing to mkinitrd? Seems odd for it to be trying to access the floppy drive.

Second:

What version of initrd-tools are you running? 1.62 is the current build in the testing/unstable tree, I believe. When I tried to use this version, it would spew out errors about modprobe and crap out on me. However, downloading initrd-tools off the latest stable tree (initrd-tools_0.1.32woody.5_all.deb) and installing it with dpkg, I could make a initrd just fine. I remember googling my error, and there seemed to be a ton of errors related to the latest build of initrd-tools. Some claimed that this was a buggy release of initrd-tools, but I don't know the current status of it. (initrd-tools 1.62 works fine on my other computer, just not this one).

~~Nick